A passion for silversmithing

STERLING SILVER : Noun, meaning silver of 92 and a quarter percent purity.....

Saturday 10 March 2012

Seedheads

This pendant was etched from a photo of a seedhead that I picked on a walk on new years day

The etched image was printed on a laser printer and ironed on to the silver sheet, then etched in ferric nitrate.

The image has to be turned into a negative image before ironing onto the silver. There are imperfections in the solid black background which have been transferred to the silver, but I think it adds to the rustic appearance. I am a perfectionist, but when it comes to my silversmithing I don't want my pieces to be perfect. Perfect is what you buy mass produced in the shops. Hand forged pieces are unique and every one is slightly different.

I hung the pendant from a gorgeous silver snake chain that I bought from my local bead shop Distinctive Designs Bead Bar in Funtley, Fareham.




This pendant is a one off, and is for sale in Tripoli and Rouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment