A passion for silversmithing

STERLING SILVER : Noun, meaning silver of 92 and a quarter percent purity.....

Sunday 11 September 2011

Busy busy bee..

....have been busy making new pretty things....

This weekend I have finished these double hoop earrings.... Made from 1.2mm sterling silver round wire, hung from 0.8mm handmade earwires. They are hammered with my ball pein hammer and catch the light beautifully. See them in my etsy shop tripoli and rouge

I had an old rose coloured rolled gold ring that belonged to my great Nana. It was so pretty but not wearble as the sparkly stone was loose and not repairable. I cut off the stone and remade the shank into a tiny small hammered ring for my little finger.

I love that I can wear the actual same piece of gold that my long lost relation wore.


A friend has pre-ordered some Christmas presents, so I have a list of pieces to make over the next few months. The first two were hammered pendants, one on a leather thong and one on a snake chain. 
The small silver bead is also handmade from two small punched and domed discs that I soldered together. This is one of tem after oxidisation...

 and here are the two finished.

I have finally got myself a decent ball pein hammer - my first one had a pointy bit on the ball which was too sharp to make a nice dint. The one I have now is from Goulds in Southsea. It's a small shop but they sell all manner of tools and some second hand too, all for a very good price. The new hammer makes very satisfying softer dink! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment